Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

My Mother's Day was fantastic! Josh, Tyler and I went camping with my parents for the weekend and then on Sunday morning we went for brunch with Josh's family. It's great to be able to see everyone! Even tho it's been two years I am still appreciating the fact that we don't live 4 hours away anymore. :-)

I got a beautiful card from Tyler and a gift card to pick out some flowers for outside. After brunch we came home and just hung out together, which was fun. And a huge bonus of the day...I didn't have to change ONE diaper! :-) teeheehee...

I haven't told many people (and I don't know who even reads this anymore) but Josh and I have been trying to have baby #2 since last August. It's finally starting to get to me. And now I am over a week late with negative pregnancy tests. Obviously my PCOS is causing some problems again and I'm not ovulating. I had a good cry this morning over another negative pregnancy test and then realized I have nothing to cry about. I wasn't even supposed to be able to get pregnant with Tyler and we were lucky enough to get pregnant the first month trying. I've SAID I am going to take whatever comes and if we only have one kid, so be it. But now I need to start LIVING that. I am going to appreciate my son (more than I already do) every single day and be even more thankful for him.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's day! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting pregnant again...I am on the fence about seriously trying or continuing along the "whatever happens" road.

Tyler has gotten SO big!

JDB said...

he is adorable!!

Erin Bennett said...

What a cutie Tyler is! He's growing up! That's what happens when I only check this every few months. :) Sorry you guys are having trouble conceiving. My cousin has PCOS too, and I can't even imagine the frustration. But you sound like you have a great attitude!
Erin :)