Monday, May 01, 2006

Baby appointments

We had our 3rd ultrasound appointment last Tuesday. It was exciting to get another chance to see him since at the last one we couldn’t see his face and he wouldn’t move at all! So I had a plan…since I had to have a full bladder I’d drink 12 ounces of apple juice and 12 ounces of water before the appointment! :-) He always wiggles around when I drink apple juice so it HAD to work! Well, I think it did because Squirt was a lot more active and we finally got to see his face! OH – and he’s still a boy…I had the ultrasound tech double check! :-)

It was very hard to make out what was what, so we decided to make a “map” to post here so you can compare it to the plain ultrasound. The pic is turned to the right and has everything marked on it – keep in mind he is a lot bigger this time! Red is his heart, orange is his whole head, yellow is his right arm, blue are his eyes, green is his nose, pink is his mouth!

This one is a little easier to see after you see the “map.” We think he has my chin! :-) I hope you can make sense of them...we had a hard time at first! :-) I've seen so many ultrasound pics on other blogs and ours never look anything like the other ones!

My follow up (and sadly, last appointment) with Dr. B was on Wednesday afternoon. Everything went great...we went over the ultrasound and baby is right on track for growing! He was 1.7 pounds! I was a little worried about his size because the ultrasound tech said he was measuring 23 weeks, 3 days and he was supposed to be 23 weeks, 6 days. She reminded me that the bigger the baby gets, the harder it is to measure how old his is in weeks and days so I shouldn’t worry. Then we got all my files wrapped up and ready to be transferred to Marshfield Clinic in Weston. She even said if I have questions in the future about anything, whether it was the pregnancy or about my files, that I could call her. How awesome! :-) After I met with her I had my one hour glucose test. Well, my blood sugar level was 190 something and it was supposed to be under 155 or something!! So I had to go back first thing Thursday morning to have a THREE HOUR fasting lab done. I had to drink a double dose of the soda thing and then have my blood drawn every three hours. Three hours in a doctor’s office…joy! Needless to say I almost finished The Baby Whisperer book mom and dad got us for Easter! The good news is I passed the second time! :-) She said my other result could have been due to something I ate during the day since my appointment wasn't until almost 3:00. Whew! So everything is OK! I'm so glad cuz like I need something else on my plate right now!!!

No comments: