Thursday, January 05, 2006

December 21-22, 2005

December 21, 2005

I finally got to work at 10:00 this morning...I was puking so bad I said screw it, I'm going back to be to rest. Josh was going to wake me up this morning when he got up so I could eat a few crackers and go back to bed. (A few people including the docs have suggested this to me so I don’t have an empty stomach when I get up.) When I woke up I was so sick I didn't eat anything, just fell back asleep. Then when it was actually time to get up I had bad dry heaves for almost an hour. Blah! There was no way I was going to make it to work on time so I just went back to bed for an hour!

LoL...I just sneezed, had a little tickle in my throat and started coughing. The next thing I knew I was gagging! This is just too weird! :-)

Oh yeah, this week the baby will be roughly the size of a raspberry! Neat, huh?!

December 22, 2005

I’m feeling different today…something is going on in my tummy…something is changing. I don’t know what it is or how to describe it, but I’m feeling amazing today!

Right now, my favorite excuse is, "A woman in my condition..." As in, “A woman in my condition really shouldn’t go get the newspaper.” Teeheehee…but I'm making sure I don't push Josh too far! :-) I do need to remember that I can't get stressed about stuff...and getting stressed is my nature, so that's been pretty hard. I also always try to do everything myself and that has to stop. I'll need to slowly adjust! It's unbelievable how little things change. I’ve adjusted to make sure no one is running a stop light when my light turns green or walking really carefully on snow and ice so I don’t fall! I didn’t think I had a motherly bone in me, but apparently that is developing. I am really scared because I haven't been around babies very much, but these little "motherly" things that are popping up out of nowhere are giving me more confidence that I'll be just fine! :-) Karol and Jerry have a 3 mo. old and when I was holding her she started fussing and I didn't pass her off! I actually stopped her from fussing and rocked her to sleep! :-) That was a big deal for me and felt amazing…and it wasn’t even our kid!

I am hoping the time between now and August flies by!!!!! (I'm sure it will!) We're just so excited!! Josh has already been so good to me and he's being even more considerate now. And I absolutely love this - he talks to the baby already and says good night to him/her and kisses my belly every night! I love it...and him so much! :-) Men are so different when it comes to their wife being pregnant. My co-worker Sharon said she had a friend who's husband wouldn't hardly look at her when she was pregnant...but Sharon's husband was the proud peacock when she was pregnant. I'm so thrilled that Josh is a proud peacock too and is as happy and excited as I am!

No comments: